If you are an avid off-road rider in Australia and are looking to acquire a mid-range Enduro style bike, you are literally spoiled for choice, with all the major bike manufacturers proudly offering a wide range of models. Assuming you have a couple of years of hands-on riding experience and are looking for some real power with a 250-350 class engine, here is our review of the best Enduro bikes available today.
- Honda CRF 300L Rally – This is an ideal bike for a small person, with a 286cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke engine that has all the torque you need in every gear. The DOHC four-valve power unit is rugged and reliable and with electric start and a smooth gearbox, this is the ideal Enduro machine.
- Rieju MR Racing 250 – The amazing Rieju MR Racing 250 is a market leader that is available from Australian dealerships. All the mod cons that you would expect on a premier Enduro machine, with electric start and LED dash, plus there is a choice of colours.
- Kawasaki KLX250S – This manufacturer has a great pedigree with the off-road family and the flagship is the KLX250S. A low centre of gravity offers superb handling, with a 249cc single-cylinder, four-stroke, four-valve DOHC engine that is designed to give you the power right when you need it. Talk to your local Kawasaki dealer and book a test ride on this awesome Enduro machine and you’ll be hooked.
- Yamaha WR250F – The latest edition to the Yamaha Enduro family, the WR250F is designed for high-speed stability in off-road conditions, with forged aluminium pistons and a smooth gearbox that delivers the power. The aluminium bilateral beam frame is a game-changer and booking a test ride on this machine is a must if you want to experience the best handling and balance.
- Suzuki RM-Z250 – The baby brother of the famed RM-Z450, the new 2021 model has been very warmly received, with a four-stroke single-cylinder, liquid-cooled four-valve DOHC engine. This bike is for the adventurer who likes a challenge and many Aussie farmers ride the RM-Z250 as it is fast and reliable.
Of course, there are other Enduro bike manufacturers out there and Google can help you locate a dealership of the model you prefer and you can book a test ride via their website. Take your time when choosing a bike, as you want a machine that suits the purpose and you, of course.